Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Updates, aka proof I'm still here

                                                          Time to wake up and start writing again.

    Yes, I am still doing this thing. Things have gotten real busy lately. I've landed a summer time job until I head off to the vast world of college, and I'm dealing with getting my G.I. Bill eligibility letter from the VA (people weren't lying about the struggles with those guys). Anyways... I feel I have adjusted to my new schedule and I think I will start writing articles here regularly now. As for reading, here's what I've been up to. Lone Survivor, read some of it before and felt I should read it before I move on to anything else, I did end up finishing it a few weeks ago. The Outpost, a book about 3-71 Cav in Nuristan (think COP Keating, the Ranch House, Kamdesh ect. ). It's a pretty informative and interesting book, even though there are some dull moments. In the Graveyard of Empires, this is a book I'm actually trying to study, it's quite good and contains a lot of information. It's focus is on the American fight, but the author, Seth Jones, does a great job of covering up Afghanistan history early on. Highly recommended.
   
    Expect a review on Level Zero Heroes to come out soon ( by the way, a sequel is slated to come out in 2016) and I will be working on continuing the series on Bala Murghab. Count on some stuff about eastern Afghanistan to come out as well. Thanks to those who read these, I am by no means a professional writer but I love researching the hell out of this stuff and being able to post it here helps me to learn. So please, subscribe or share if you like these posts.
                                               
                                                                   -Steel rain, steel pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment