Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Updates and the likes

                                                             A cargo drop in Bala Murghab

  Just in case anyone is actually following this, I thought I would put out some updates on the progress of the upcoming series, which will be about the Bala Murghab valley. The reason I chose that as my next topic is because I am reading the book Level Zero Heroes, which is about a MARSOC (Marine Special Forces) unit fighting in the valley. Bala Murghab, or BMG, has an interesting history behind it, and it is tucked away in a part of Afghanistan that no one really knows about. The first post will be covering the history of the valley, pretty much the 5 W's of the valley (who, what, where, when and why...). It might be a bit dry for those looking for the posts about the intense firefights  but you also might learn something. After that I will be writing about the events that took place there recently.
   Also be on the look out for a quick review on Level Zero Heroes, I highly recommend the book to anyone interested about Afghanistan. I'm also currently reading a book about the Polish-Soviet war called White Eagle, Red Star. So between hockey, working and reading I will try to fit time in for the upcoming post. Thanks to those who read this and Go Hawks.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Steve. I'm 2 for 2. Visited 2 of your posts so far and will continue. It's ironic, but all but a few photos here so far were mine. :-) Guess you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kevin, happy that you're reading the posts! Sorry about not giving credit where credit is due, I guess that's something I should be doing from now on! I thought the photos were the best out of the others I saw on a google search.

      Delete